Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Travel

When I was 5 years old, my mom and I moved to France for 10 months so that she could participate in a foreign exchange program through the University of Minnesota. During that time, while my mom attended classes at the University of Nantes, I attended the local kindergarden school. Even though I did not know the language at first, I quickly grew accustomed to it after my long school days with French locals. Because I was so young, I did not realize it at the time, but that experience would affect the outcome of the rest of my life. After experiencing a culture and lifestyle so different from my own, I often think about the other countries and cultures I want to visit and explore at some time in my life. Places I'd like to visit include Australia, Brazil, England, Italy, Germany, Monaco, and several countries in Africa.

One of the reasons I am so enthusiastic about going to college is because I will be attending Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia this fall. I look forward to this experience everyday because I cannot wait to leave Minnesota, a place so familiar to me, and explore a whole new way of life. The town, the lifestyle, and the people are all so different from how we are in Minnesota. I don't know where I want to live when I'm older- if I want to return to Minnesota and resume the familiar lifestyle I have lived for so long- or if I want to live in a completely new city where I'm out of my own element. Only time will tell.

No comments: